Frequently Asked Questions
CGARDEN is a sustainability tool that creates the conditions to bring nature into the city.
It is a 4-in-1 self-contained growing system that contains:planting and growing boxes; organic waste composter; rainwater storage and automatic solar-powered irrigation (drip irrigation).
Made to ensure that growing plants is effortless, with minimum maintenance and without risk or complications. It is a simple and objective way of combating climate change.
Patented, developed and manufactured in Portugal, CGARDEN is a revolutionary piece of equipment that will change the way we view buildings and cities.
CGARDEN is the ideal solution for those who want to have a green balcony, terrace or green garden, with plants for consumption or ornamental purposes.
It is a convenient and standalone solution that takes care of the plants, watering and fertilizing them as needed, thanks to its water storage, composting and solar irrigation system.
It has an expected durability of over 30 years, which is one of the main conditions for sustainability.
The advantages of having a CGARDEN are endless, but we highlight:
- It makes a decisive contribution to improving the environment and reducing the causes of climate change
- Contributes to our food security
- It is a sustainable equipment
- It improves physical and emotional health
- It is a profitable and safe investment
- It is extremely comfortable
- It helps to educate of our children
- It is an equipment that contributes to the decoration and design of the space where it is integrated
- It is to be part of the solution and no longer be part of the problem
CGARDEN is an innovative, self-sustaining and highly durable biological garden system that provides the following added value for environmental sustainability:
- Reduces water consumption because it collects and stores rainwater, which also has a positive impact on the need for rainwater routing;
- Reduces energy consumption by eliminating all consumption of food production, packaging, transport and refrigeration and making a decisive contribution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions;
- It reduces waste production significantly because it eliminates packaging and allows the recovery of organic waste for the production of biological fertilisers, which would otherwise have to be sent for treatment;
- Improves air quality, contributing to the purification of the atmosphere of the areas where it integrates.
It may be the case that the rainwater is not sufficient to feed the water system of the CGARDEN domestic garden during the hottest summer months, if this happens the water should be introduced into the CGARDEN through the inlet placed in the discharge pipe, using a hose fitted to the inlet.